Resources for Children
Introduce your children to opera at home!
- Metropolitan Opera Guild Education – Resources for at-home learning, including extensive video libraries, illustrated synopses, and more!
- Go Classical for Kids: Design Your Own Opera – This interactive Flash-based site lets kids design every aspect of their own virtual production of Hansel & Gretel, including dancing, costumes, and scenery!
- Jonathan Dove’s The Adventures of Pinocchio – This classic children’s tale comes to life with Dove’s enchanting score, in a full-scale, HD filmed production from Opera North in the UK. (Requires a 30-day free trial to Marquee TV.)
Ages: 8 and up
- BachTrack’s Guide to Music Education Online – This wonderful article helps parents understand the importance and power of continuing children’s musical education during this extended time at home. It includes helpful videos, such as “George Meets The Orchestra,” as well as links to numerous other resources.
Ages: 3 and up
- Pensacola Opera presents Pinocchio – Watch our 2015 performance of Pinocchio below. John Davies’s fun, engaging production of this classic children’s story features music by some of opera’s favorite composers.
Ages: 3 to 12
- Pensacola Opera presents How Andy Found His Voice – Watch our 2015 performance of Caroline Altman’s How Andy Found His Voice below. This special piece follows Andy as he uncovers his voice–both physical and metaphorical.
Ages: 8 to 14
Resources for Adults
Stay sharp with video streams, backstage content, and more!
- OperaLIVE Interview Series – Take a look behind the scenes with Pensacola Opera, as we interview artists, designers, and community members about what opera and the arts mean to them. Hosted by Director of Education Cody Martin, these interactive interviews take place LIVE on our Facebook page every Tuesday at 5:00 PM CDT. For a playlist of all past interviews, click here.
Ages: 14 and up
- Metropolitan Opera Guild Education – Resources for at-home learning, including extensive video libraries, backstage looks, and more!
Marquee TV – Access HD video productions of opera, ballet, and behind the scenes features at Europe’s most prestigious performing arts companies, including the Royal Opera, Opera North, and Opernhaus Zürich. (Requires a free 30-day trial to access.)
Ages: 12 and up
MusicalAmerica’s Guide to Free Streams – This is a comprehensive resource of most of the performing arts organizations offering free streaming products in the upcoming weeks. It includes opera and orchestral performances.
Ages: 8 and up
- OPERA America on YouTube – OPERA America is a national organization that unites and works with virtually every professional opera company in the US. On their YouTube channel, you can find performances, interviews with experts, and more–all for free.
A Special Virtual Performance – Join us for a special, digital recital featuring Pensacola Opera favorites Corey McKern and Sheila Murphy Dunn, as they perform art songs by Poulenc, Vaughan Williams, and more. (video below)