Each year, Pensacola Opera invites nationally and internationally renowned singers, directors, stage managers, designers, and technical personnel to produce world class opera performances right here in our local community. These folks are essential to the mission of our company, and they are the reason we have been able to establish such high quality performances over the past forty years.
In order to bring this incredible amount of talent to Pensacola, we of course must provide each artist with safe, comfortable, and convenient housing accommodations during their stay. In a typical season, housing costs for guest artists can easily exceed $30,000 by placing them in modest hotels or short-term rental units. In order to help offset this cost, we are calling on our neighbors to become Housing Heroes. Do you have a separate guest suite or apartment? By donating the use of your space by one of our visiting artists, you’ll gain access to special perks while supporting your local opera company—and getting to know one of our amazing guests!
- Preferably a separate unit, such as an over-garage apartment, guest house, or unoccupied condo; OR
- A private bedroom and bathroom, away from other bedrooms in the home
- Access to kitchen and laundry within the property
- High-speed internet with Wi-Fi
- All bedding, linens, and cooking utensils provided
What You’ll Get
- Free opera tickets!
- Host an artist for one production, get two (2) tickets to that performance
- Host an artist for two productions, get two (2) tickets to both performances
- Invitations to exclusive artist receptions and special events
- Recognition as a Housing Hero in our season program and on our website
- The chance to meet, connect, and build a relationship with one of our incredible visiting artists
2022-23 Housing Dates
Forty Forward 40th Anniversary Concert
Artists arrive Wednesday, November 9 and depart Sunday, November 13, 2022
Artists arrive Sunday, January 1 and depart Monday, January 23, 2023
Artists arrive Sunday, February 26 and depart Monday, March 20, 2023